Through the centuries, The Hague’s Binnenhof has always been the heart of Dutch politics – a role that it fulfils to this very day. And the focal point of the square itself is undoubtedly the Ridderzaal. ProDemos organises guided tours through the Ridderzaal and/or the Dutch Senate and/or the House of Representatives (Lower House). These tours are preceded by a video that sheds light on the history of the Binnenhof.
The guided tours start at Hofweg 1, in the reception area of the Visitor Centre next to Café Brasserie Dudok. One can choose from the following programmes:
- Film and visit to the Hall of Knights (ca. 45 minutes, EUR 5 per person – will be EUR 5,50 in 2018)
- Film, visit to the Hall of Knights and visit to the House of Representatives (ca. 90 minutes, EUR 8,50 per person – will be EUR 9,50 in 2018)
- Film, visit to the Hall of Knights and visit to the Dutch Senate (ca. 75 minutes, EUR 8,50 per person – will be EUR 9,50 in 2018)
- Tour to the Hall of Knights and both Parliament Buildings: House of Representatives and the Dutch Senate (ca. 90 minutes, EUR 10,- per person, will be EUR 11 in 2018)
- Tour around the Binnenhof: a walk past the most important buildings of the Binnenhof (this walk is offered as a substitute when one of the buildings mentioned above is closed for visits)
All standard guided tours are conducted in Dutch or English.
On the Dutch-spoken tours we provide for our individual foreign guests an audioguide for the film and for the visit to the buildings in the following languages:
Please select your preferred audioguide when you book your tour online.
Handouts, but not audioguides, are also available in:
Please ask our staff in the visitor centre for your preferred handouts.
Please note: The Hall of Knights is not accessible for people with a serious mobility impairment, as the hall can only be accessed via stairs.
In de House of Representatives and the Dutch Senate, safety measures apply. Have a look at the website of the House of Representatives.
We recommend that you make your reservations in advance. Reservations can be made through our online reservation system (click the English flag in the right upper corner).
For groups of 20 to 50 guests, private tours conducted in English can be arranged. Do you have a request outside of the regular guided tours? We would like to think along about the possibilities, for example:
- A programme for international professionals
- Town walks, such as the Constitution walk and Dutch politics and history
For more information, contact Olga de Rooy (email@example.com) Telephone: 070-7570285